Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mommy's Rules, Lesson 2

With Lesson 1 of Mommy's Rules underway...What not to touch in the house...I can begin Lesson 2...Let Mommy get her sleep.

So, I am awake before 7:00am, listening to the frustrated whines of Michael. I am teaching him that in this house...you stay in bed, preferrably asleep, until at least 7:00. That seems to be the magic number for me. I taught Gabriel the same thing around this age. It takes a few mornings of half awake whining, and then they seem to get the hint. With Gabriel I used to bring him in bed with me before that time and we would sleep for another couple of hours sometimes. But then, he would just call for me earlier and earlier in the night until it was 3:00am and he wanted me to come get him! I am not doing that this time...I don't function well with kids sleeping in my bed. It works for some people, but I am not one of those. Its okay on occasion, but if it happens too often then I start losing too much sleep. I'm too concerned about smothering them that I never get into a deep sleep, and then I am crabby. So, anyway, he's been at it now for about 30 min...but he still is so tired that his eyes are closed while he's crying. I sure hope he just gives it up and goes back to sleep!

Its 7:00 now and he's ramping up again...so maybe I'll go save him from his bed. Ah, the perils of having a pre-toddler.

0 comments: